Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Shopping

JoAnn recently opened a new store, so I paid them a visit yesterday.  Didn't hurt that they had linen on sale for 50% off ... Not a fantastic selection compared to the last time I went fabric shopping at Hancock, but since I'd been dropped off and didn't want to try walking through the traffic and sketchy weather I stayed put and picked up 3.5 yards of mid-weight natural linen and some matching silk.



I'm still making minor adjustments to the bodice/corset pattern(s).  Once that gets sorted out I'll need to get cracking on a couple of kirtles with pleated skirts - one from the natural and the other from a really dark brown I got in the mail.  The brown may get a lining and guards from the Maciejowski gown's leftover fabric.

List time!
In progress:
Macie - permanent skirt hem; armscye
Cream linen smock
Dark blue Norman tunic - seam finishes
Red wool (blend?) fitted hood

Pipeline:
Dark brown (and green?) pleated kirtle
Natural linen kirtle
Muslin or lightweight linen Elizabethan smocks with gathered sleeves and standing collar (x2)
Black linen partlet
Olive linen cotehardie
Blue wool short-sleeved kirtle with attachable sleeves (Fall 2011)
Red and black parti-colored cotehardie (Gulf Wars 2012)

On hold:
Orange angel-sleeve gown
Diamond weave cloak
Blue and gold Fleur de Lis gown

No comments:

Post a Comment