Thursday, February 23, 2012

Pitter-pattern

I had a short day at work today, so when I came home I sweet-talked DH into taking a new set of tailoring measurements. He wasn't absolutely useless, once I developed a system of directions he could follow with his male, non-tailor-y brain. After jotting down all the figures I spent a little time drawing out miniature patterns on quarter-inch grid paper, and once that produced a shape that looked right, I went full-scale on some muslin.

My pattern isn't much more than a basic body block, but I avoid using lines perpendicular to the waistline at the center front, center back, and side seams. There is a slight outward angle, giving a more gradual, conical shape. Also lends these seams a bit more give and flex since they're cut on a slight bias. Pictures to come in a few days.

Oh, and my second sock is nearly done. Woo hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment