Tuesday, October 9, 2012

News from the College of Heralds

This morning I found a very curious envelope in my mailbox (i.e. something addressed to me from an unfamiliar sender that was neither a bill nor a credit card offer).  I could see before I unfolded the enclosed letter that it was Something Important, since it had very bold olde-fashioned script as the heading.  It was from the Sardonyx Herald for the Kingdom of Gleann Abhann.  My name and device successfully passed the SCA Laurel College of Heralds, with only a minor alteration in the wording for the blazon (alaunt vs. dog).

So now I am officially Mathilde de Metteneye - per chevron vert and argent, five dogwood blossoms argent and a dog couchant sable.

Time to work some heraldry into my accessories, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment