Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Goals?

I'm officially addicted to hand-sewing.  Especially when I'm using more period-correct materials.  This is going to make my life interesting.

In progress:

Embroidery for Maciejowski gown

Red wool (blend?) open hood

Rust/orange angel-sleeve gown with buttoned front

Dark blue cotton tunic [we'll call it "Norman"]



Fabric with a purpose:

Cream linen - chemise to accompany Maciejowski gown and any future 14th century projects; Cheater St. Birgitta cap

Dark olive linen - Gothic fitted dress with front lacing and buttoned sleeves

Blue wool - short sleeved kirtle [winter layering option]

Red and black linen - parti-colored cotehardie with buttoned front and sleeves [party clothes for Gulf Wars]

Blue and gold fleur-de-lis - cotehardie, or perhaps a sideless surcote if I find rich-looking fabric at a steal [not for all-day outdoor wear]

Black linen or linen-look (rayon) remnant - partlet

Khaki cotton duck and tea-dyed muslin - corded corset

Dark brown linen - sleeveless kirtle [the successor to my much-beloved purple learning experience]

It sounds like my work is pretty well cut out for me for the rest of the year, even if I don't add any more fabric to my stash.  It doesn't seem there will be many Gleann Abhann events held nearby for the next couple of months, but I can use that time for garbing and mundane projects (more specifically, my house was built in 1872 and needs some love) OR I can hop the border into Meridies if they're hosting an event within my driving radius.

No comments:

Post a Comment