Monday, May 9, 2011

Green means GO!

The end is in sight for Macie!  Thanks to a kindly challenge from Jean, I finally got around to trimming and hemming the skirt with some temporary whip stitches in a lovely neon green polyester thread.  As I may have mentioned in an earlier post [too lazy to go look it up], I'm embellishing the collar, cuffs, and probably hem with a simple line of chain stitch in gold silk.  Gold, as in "rich yellow," not "metallic."  I'm pretty happy with the nearly-finished product, but I won't get to wear it to Crown List this weekend due to lack of undergarments that meet my oh, so demanding standards.  Translation: my early-period under-tunic shows at the neckline and it looks funny.  Oh, well.  I already have some off-white linen waiting to be transformed into a chemise or under-tunic.  With a bit of conservative cutting there's probably enough to get a Cheater Birgitta out of it, too.

I need to figure out where my new camera's timer is so I don't have to waste time waiting for a bad photographer.

No comments:

Post a Comment