Sunday, August 21, 2011

Brown and green kirtle, part 1

Now that Macie is well and truly finished, and I've had some time to relax and recover ...
It's not like I took my sweet-*ss time finishing that gown or anything ...
It's time to get rolling on the next big thing.

Tor an Riogh is hosting Crown List in November and I could use one more utilitarian outfit by then.  I've tested my bodice pattern in muslin and drafted it onto butcher paper, complete with notes.

 
In addition, I've been crunching numbers, trying to figure out the most fabric-efficient way to produce a skirt with double box pleats in the back and a flat front.

Until I get all of that nailed down, here's the color scheme:
Later that day ...
The skirt material has been cut away from the rest of the yardage!  One huge, continuous rectangle of brown fabric will make up the top 25 inches of skirt length, followed by a 3-inch green band, a 3-inch brown band, another 3-inch green band, and a 6-inch brown band at the hem.

No comments:

Post a Comment