Saturday, August 20, 2011

Maths for the fabric addict

Popping on for a quick check-in.  Macie is officially on tap to be showcased at an SCA demo back in my hometown next month.  I'm really excited that there's an active group up there, so I have someone to play with wherever we land in a couple more years.



After a couple of weeks on garb vacation, I'm hitting the muslin pretty hard, doing the last bits of fiddling with my go-to bodice pattern.  During my hiatus I popped out a 45-ish inch yellow lucet cord and started a dark green one.  Oh, and I baked a metric crap-ton of cookies, all made from scratch.  So that's where I've been.

Next in the holding pen are two more sleeveless kirtles.  I've run the math a few times, and I've got more than enough linen to do a proper good job on both of them.  The dark brown one will have 15 inches of double box pleats, plus a 10-inch wide flat front.  The bodice lining and skirt bands will be the same green I used for Macie.  The oatmeal linen will be side-lacing, with box pleats in back and trapezoidal panels in front.

Well, I'm off to finish this bodice toile.  Look for a photo tonight or tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment