Saturday, December 3, 2011

Hey, look! December!

Got together with some of the crafty critters from Tor an Riogh earlier today for a little workshop on making and using natural dyes. Lots of good questions, a little show-and-tell, and a healthy amount of enthusiasm about experimenting with backyard dye materials.

Christmas Revel is in a week. I had a bit of garb-making burnout after Crown List, but yesterday I pulled some khaki-grey wool from the remnants stash and got to work on a London hood. The gore points above the shoulders result in a little pleat, which messes with the neck circumference a bit, so I'm going to need another (slightly deeper) gore at the center back of the cape. I also decided to line the face opening and button plackets with leftover dark brown linen from *ahem* that last project.

Assuming I don't waste too much of my day-off-work tidying the house, doing laundry, or reviewing my dye presentation (it's slated for addition to the Shire website), I can at least have the gores inserted, the liripipe sewn in, and some fabric squares cut out for buttons. Oh, and I also need to wash some garb and air out my wool blanket.

No comments:

Post a Comment