Sunday, April 3, 2011

Bilge rat

I made it out to P&P yesterday!  I was quite pleased with my navigation skills, as I managed to arrive on site well within the estimated travel time and without getting lost once.  (Their Majesties apparently did not manage so well, even with a local guide ... )  The schedule was on and off the entire day, but it was very nice out, so I really didn't mind all the down time.  It gave me a chance to catch up with my local friends and make a few new SCA contacts.  Sir Caillin won the Laurel Defender tourney, Lord Gwynn received the Combattant Ram award, and the Laurels gifted Inga with a new ceramic goblet for being the only female fighter in the list.

Crystyna bought nearly an entire bolt of off-white cotton/linen fabric at Gulf Wars, and I took her up on an offer to buy a section at cost.  I'll be measuring the length later, but it should be either 8 or 10 yards.  It's a heavier weight than any of the linen currently in my stash or wardrobe, so it will definitely be used for an outer garment.  My initial idea is to cut 4-5 yards from the original length, dye it, and make a Flemish or English kirtle with a pleated skirt and a fully lined bodice.  The remaining length can become a short tunic and a pair of braies - essentially lounge clothes that aren't mundane sweats.

No comments:

Post a Comment