Saturday, April 16, 2011

The Scalded Lobster Shuffle

It's the weekend again!  Which means nothing, really, as I just got home from work and will be working tomorrow as well.  Monday is my weekend.  Yech.

I was out of town last weekend, and I enjoyed my mini-vacation right up to the part where I realized that my husband is the worst spray sunscreen apply-er in the world.  Thankfully I wore a shirt while sitting around on the beach, otherwise I'd be recovering from sun poisoning at the hospital.  My legs are a wreck, though, even six days after noticing the first signs of sunburn.

I am making noticeable progress - I can sit upright in a chair for as long as I care to stay in one place, and I can walk in a nearly-normal fashion once all the muscles and tendons get on the same page.  I can't stand still for more than a few seconds before my shins begin to feel like they're about to shatter, so I avoid doing so as much as possible.

I guess it's pretty safe to assume that some of my readers (you are plural, I hope) are beginning to suspect that the metaphorical cake is a lie, but sooner or later it will arrive, and it will be real enough.  And by "cake," I am, of course, talking about completed projects and pictures thereof.

But until then ...
I give you a jellyfish.

No comments:

Post a Comment