Sunday, January 1, 2012

For 2012, and the World's Ending!

Happy January, everyone! 2012 seems to be starting off on the right foot (for my household, anyway), but I suspect it will take some active encouragement to keep moving in a generally positive direction.

I'm doing some pen-and-paper work in preparation for the next big project, a long-sleeved kirtle or GFD in blue wool. In order to keep a closer eye on my progress I've purchased a separate binder to store notes and sketches and detailed drawings related to the single active garb project I will allow myself at any given time. It'll also contain a log for how much time I spend working on the piece - from pattern layout through construction to the finishing details. I know I'll need to do some fittings to work out the fit through the torso, the depth of the sleeve head, and the scoop of the neckline before I can touch my wool yardage. Once I've created a working pattern, however, I can use it for my Kingdom Colors Parti-Dress (black and red linen GFD) and a green cottolin supportive under-gown. Three birds with one stone.

Also in the coming months I want to do a full inventory of my fabric stash and get a better organization and storage system set up in my craft room.

So I guess my overarching resolution for this year is to inject a little Type A Personality into my project management and domestic maintenance.

No comments:

Post a Comment