Friday, January 27, 2012

Yarn: Mathilde as Squirrel: Dog

Yep. I'm having one of those episodes again. I've recently come to grips with the fact that I'm weighed down by an unfulfilling job that leaves me with little time or energy to do things I actually enjoy. Deep down I know I should be working on my fitted gown, but I'm finding it so much more convenient to pick up some knitting instead of hauling out yards of fabric, cutting board, and all the other tailoring implements necessary to the project. Not a lot to report on that front, other than my decision that the grey-ish cotton/linen blend I snagged for $3/yd would enjoy lining the sleeves and bodice of the wool gown. Just gotta run it through some laundry torture.

So, specifically, what's the big distraction this time?

Socks. Red wool toe-up socks. I put the pink and grey yarn (I think I mentioned that already ... ?) on the waiting list, because, really, RED wool sockies! That is a must-have item, at least in my book. I snagged some gold/brown patterned sock yarn at the same time as the red, for another future project.

Oh, yeah. And I'm actively looking for a better job. It may involve relocation, but that's fine. I'll definitely miss the friends I've made over the past few years, but social media and whatnot will help us keep in touch while I'm making new friends and starting down a more satisfying career path. And maybe I'll have some babies. Time will tell ...

No comments:

Post a Comment