Sunday, January 23, 2011

It literally translates to "boob cloth."

Good morning, everyone!  I'm back from Fashion Academy and ready to tackle some sewing ... after I get off work, of course ...

I'm pleased to report that I got my "Cheater St. Birgitta" cap to a wearable state Friday night and it behaved quite impressively at its first event.  I only had to reposition it once, and I think, had I not been sitting in a car (i.e. rubbing against the headrest) for a couple of hours, it could have stayed on for longer without needing any fiddling.  It even caught the attention of one of the teachers at the event - she inspected the overall design and the craftsmanship, and I'm to send her a cutting diagram and the construction notes ASAP.



Another high point came early in the day.  Right after arriving and trolling in, we saw Baron Charles in the lobby, I re-introduced myself (it had been a long time since we last crossed paths) and he told me he was impressed with the outfit I was wearing (my purple kirtle and white chemise), particularly the hand-bound eyelets.

So my toes are in the door.  I've taken the office of local A&S minister, am actively involved in organizing and teaching classes at the local level, and I'm on the radar of a few people who hold high-level A&S awards and peerage.  And I'll know more people outside my closest group of friends when it's time for Gulf Wars this year.  Yay for being social!

No comments:

Post a Comment