Saturday, January 29, 2011

Short garb vacation

Just popping in for my weekend post.  The hoods class went very well this week.  I managed to throw together a simple slide show at the very last minute and brought in a couple of more-or-less finished hoods for people to look at.  The loose version got all the love this time around.  Those who attended the class generally lean toward earlier-period styles, which tend to be less fitted.  They tend to lend themselves especially well to layering, which is the preferred method of keeping warm during windy winter events, and during the spring and summer months (and any surprise warm streaks in the cooler months) the layers simply peel off.

I will be taking a little hiatus from garb work this week.  I have to focus on finishing a mundane dress for my sister.  The design process has been interesting, since the majority of my sewing experience has been in constructing medieval garb and accessories.  Next week, however, I need to hit my green gown hard and fast.  Gulf Wars is in a month and a half, and I will NOT be up sewing until dawn every day the week before the event.  Didn't pan out last time ...

No comments:

Post a Comment