Sunday, January 23, 2011

Purple field kirtle


I sweet-talked the hubby into taking some photographs this morning before I had to get ready for work.  This is the outfit I wore yesterday to Fashion Academy.

Purple front-lacing kirtle with hand-bound eyelets and grey lucet cord, white square-neck chemise with chain stitch embroidery at the neckline and wrists, white box pleated apron, white pleated (Cheater St. Birgitta) cap, brown and white wool knit drawstring purse, and my trusty not-overtly-mundane brown Mary Janes.

This has become my go-to field garb.  The way things are looking, I'll have the green Maciejowski gown ready for spring and hopefully a blue wool cotehardie or kirtle for Gulf Wars.  Lots of remnant upholstery fabrics hanging around hoping to become sleeves, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment