Saturday, March 5, 2011

Distance teaching

Thursday morning I was greeted by a delightful surprise in my inbox.  A fellow costumer left a question about my Maciejowski project on my Flickr account.  So I made happy, squeaky noises for a couple of minutes, then had some breakfast as I got to work summarizing my sleeve construction scheme.

I've taught a couple of traditional lecture/demonstration A&S classes for the local SCA group, and while I do like that, it really gives me a boost when somebody independently inquires about my approach to a design or construction challenge.  Kinda makes me think those two years of architecture school weren't totally wasted ... I just seem to do better working with medieval clothing reconstructions than with buildings.

In upcoming news, Gulf Wars begins a week from tomorrow, I'm still very much on the fence about whether I'll make camp Thursday or Friday, and Macie is picking up the pace of progress.  The right side torso and gore seams have been finished; the left side torso seam is finished and the gore seams treatments are under way; which leaves the sleeve seam treatments, trimming the sleeve length and skirt, hemming the skirt, and doing the embroidery.  Sounds like a good deal of work.  Hopefully I can make about as much progress tomorrow as I did today, then keep up the pace Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment