Monday, March 14, 2011

Mild to moderate tragedy

So, my husband's SUV decided Friday night that it doesn't really care to start.  This is not ideal.  For one thing, I was planning on taking it to Gulf Wars later this week - it's just easier to pack my tent, plastic totes, bedding and whatnot in the larger cargo space than in my car's trunk.  Plus it's easier to drive a small SUV through a field than to try the same thing with a sedan.  Secondly, while I have time off for GW, he has no interest in participating in SCA activities and has to work all week.  Which means he needs a working vehicle.  Which means I can't take my car.  He's trying to get in touch with a dealer today, and either have their shop fix the problem (if it's not too expensive) or trade the thing in for something that runs.

I've already lost several hours of prep time driving him to and from work these last few days, so even if things work out I'm seriously behind the ball in regard to finishing my packing and sewing.  Macie is being shelved for now and my focus is shifting to a blue tunic that I can throw over my off-white chemise.

Later that night ...

Well, it can be fixed, but my travel budget and site fees no longer exist.  Thankfully there is an event in a couple of weeks that I can day-trip, so I don't go into complete withdrawal.  Next year I'm stockpiling cash so I can spend at least half the War on site and rent a stupid car for the hubby if need be.

No comments:

Post a Comment