Monday, March 21, 2011

I'm going to get a snack when I'm done typing this post.

Last week's would-be vacation sounded like the perfect time to be productive, but hey, how often do I get to do practically nothing for more than a few hours at a time?  Not.  Very.

So yeah, didn't get much accomplished garb-wise.  The Maciejowski gown sleeves are the proper length, and the edges at the shoulders and wrists are tacked down (thinking very seriously about redoing the shoulders, as they're just not wanting to lie flat).  It looks like a proper garment, and, weather permitting, I think it'll make its public debut at Iron Ox's pirate-themed event early next month.

Once that's done I'm forcing myself to sit on my hands and avoid starting new projects until all the in-progress stuff is evaluated, and the worthwhile ones completed.  The only exception: I need to play with patterns for braies and chausses for an upcoming class.  The braies sound like a great thing to have handy for the swiftly-approaching summer months - just pop those babies on with a short, lightweight tunic and sprawl out in camp.

No comments:

Post a Comment