Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Back on track

Since I was off work today I made my shopping trip, picking up only what I absolutely needed in order to finish my new outfit before Crown.

1 spool dark brown Gutermann silk thread
1 spool tan/natural Gutermann silk thread
1 skein avocado green embroidery floss (for lacing cord)

Before heading out, though, I threw my smocks, apron, and coif into the tub for a quick wash and rinse, then hung them up to dry. The Maciejowski gown and my purple kirtle are getting dunked tomorrow. I also found a 3-ish yard piece of thick flannel in the magic fabric trunk the other night, quickly whip-stitched the raw edges and ran it through the laundry. It wants to be a cloak and maybe a pair of mittens. I'd say things are coming together nicely, and I have plenty of time to spend finishing the brown kirtle and getting my stuff together for the event.

No comments:

Post a Comment