Sunday, October 2, 2011

A promise I can keep





















Ta daaaaaaaaaaa! After several rounds of tweaking, erasing, recalculating, redrawing, and cheap mock-ups, this is my go-to pattern for straight, front-lacing bodices. At least until one or more of my above-hip measurements is significantly altered. Then I get to do it all over again.

Actual garb update: I cut out all the bodice lining and the back panel (split down the middle) of the outer fabric. I sewed those halves together and attached the lining from the lowest part of the underarm curve, up and across the shoulders, and down the other underarm curve. Snipped the seam allowance, turned things right-sides out, and top stitched around the edges along the same route described above.
I'm pretty happy so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment