Saturday, October 29, 2011

I'm not a wench, I'm your wife!

The bodice is complete! The eyelets (18 of them) were spread out over 3-4 days, which helped me avoid inventing any new profanities. I've been messing around with the skirt today, though, and I had to revisit the maths. Yech.

bodice_front 002

Here we are from the front. Pardon the midriff; I'm a bit short-waisted.

bodice_side 002

From the side you can see that this bodice design does nice - but not obscene - things for the boobal area.

bodice_back 002

I apologize up front for the poor image quality. My husband is not a natural photographer and I had to have him re-shoot because the first set was done from his standing viewpoint ... and he's significantly taller than I am. I made him sit down and shoot more level with my torso, but I'd already unlaced myself and crawled back into mundane clothes before uploading the photos. So yeah, you get blurry. It's better than "Here's how perspective can make a woman look like she has an unrealistically tiny waist and linebacker shoulders!"

There is still a bit of wrinkling, but it's much less noticeable than the wrinkling in the purple kirtle's bodice (it's unlined *gasp*). Adding the weight of the skirt should take care of some of it, right?

2 comments:

  1. Is this one going to have sleeves? It looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I may whip up a set of pin-on sleeves, but no, this one is not going to have sleeves permanently attached. There's some blue wool fabric in my stash begging to become a long-sleeved gown. Given the sudden temperature shift, a cold-weather outfit has shot to the top of my "big projects" list, ahead of lighter-weight long-sleeved garments.

    ReplyDelete