Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Deadline's a month away

Good morning, garb hounds! I'm happy to report that all the pattern pieces for the brown linen bodice have been cut out, the linings are all attached, and the side seams are sewn together. Before I finish the seams and tack on an extra strip of fabric to the lacing edges, I'm going to run some top stitching along the lines (see the diagram from the previous post) from the points where the straps attach to the center-back line. This will add a touch of complexity and a little extra structure to the finished product. 4 1/2 weeks until the deadline.

I also picked up some bleached muslin to make a new smock, and there is some remnant black linen or linen/rayon in my stash that could be whipped into a partlet fairly quickly. I don't have to work both jobs today (oh, I got a new one and am finishing out my final week at the old one, by the way ... ), so it's possible I'll make progress on something tonight.

Pictures coming up soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment